International Resources Group
- In order to determine the theoretical and technically achievable solar energy potential in the Odessa region Metropoliya GÑ conducted an audit of the completed work "Report on Phase 5. Technically achievable solar energy potential of the region" in the framework of the project "Municipal Energy Reform in Ukraine".
Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- Metropoliya GÑ implemented the project "Preparation of the Feasibility Study for modernization of power grids of Ukraine aiming to facilitate the renewable energy sources integration" (Smart Grid).
- Metropoliya GÑ performed the research work on "Development of the program of harmonization of regulatory and technical requirements of the European Community on the systems operation, including aspects of transmission, cross-border connections, modulation and general safety standards of technical systems (standards of the European Committee for Standardization (CEN ), European Committee for Standardization in Electrical Engineering (Comité Européen de Normalisation Électrotechnique) (CENELEC) and Union for the Co-ordination of Transmission of Electricity (UCTE (ENTSO-e))".
The National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities (NCRECP)
- Metropoliya GÑ was a member of the Consortium ensured the implementation of the international project in Ukraine. The said project, namely, "Assistance to the National Electricity Regulatory Commission:
• Regulatory Support Program" was financed by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The consortium of consultants also consisted of the representatives of AF-Mercados (Spain), Ramboll (Denmark) and Exergia (Greece).
- Under the project, Metropoliya GÑ performed the following tasks:
• analysis of Ukraine’s existing legislative framework for renewable energy;
• development of the proposals for existing legislation in order to provide incentives for the economic development of renewable energy sources;
• development of the technical requirements for renewable energy sources integration into the Ukrainian energy system and determination of criteria for integration.
- Designing the perspective development scheme of 20-154 kV distribution electric grids for the period up to 2028.
- Designing the perspective development scheme of electric networks for the period from 01.01.2019 to 01.01.2024.
- Planning the distribution system development for the period from 2019-2023.
- Development plan for the period from 2020 to 2029.
- Planning the distribution system development for the period 2020-2029.
- Planning the 35 kV (and higher) distribution networks development for the period from 2020 to 2024.
- Planning the 35 kV (and higher) distribution networks development for the period from 2019 to 2029.
- Planning the distribution system development for the period for the period 2020 - 2029.
- The plan of the perspective development of 20 kV (and higher) distribution electric networks for the period from 2020 to 2029.
- Metropoliya GC performed scientific and technical work "Development of schemes of perspective development of electric networks of the Western, Eastern and Southern, Northern and Central Districts of Mykolaivoblenergo PJSC for the period from 01.01.2016 to 01.01.2026 and preparation for the specified schemes of technical and economic substantiations". The work identified the directions of network development, the scope of reconstruction and technical re-equipment of existing electrical network facilities, the directions of technical re-equipment of protection and control modes of network operation, measures for the reconstruction of existing networks.
- Metropoliya GC performed scientific and technical work "Development of the plan of perspective development of electric networks of Cherkassyoblenergo PJSC for the period from 01.01.2016 to 01.01.2026 and preparation of a feasibility study for the said plan". The work determines the directions of development of the network of Cherkassyoblenergo PJSC, including Cherkassy, the scope of reconstruction and technical re-equipment of the existing power grid facilities, the directions of technical re-equipment of protection and control of network operation modes, measures for reconstruction of existing networks.
- Metropoliya GÑ performed scientific and technical work on "Adjustment of the Ukrainian UPS prospective development scheme for the period up to 2010 with an outlook until 2015." The work defined the development of 220-750 kV network and 110-150 kV transit network of the Ukrainian UPS, and the scope of reconstruction and technical re-equipment of the existing main electrical network, directions of technical re-equipment of means of protection and control of operating modes of the power system, as well as defined the measures for improvement of reliability of power supply to consumers, proposals for construction of new generating capacities, upgrading and introduction of new automation devices.
- Metropoliya GÑ has developed the Feasibility Study of ensuring the reliable operation of 110-330 kV power grids in the south-western part of Odessa region when implementing the "Moldelectrica" SE plans on the allocation of the power units of Moldova TPP for the radial operation with Romania as well as shutdown of AT 400/300 kV of Moldova TPP and AT 400/100 kV on PS-400/100 "Vulcanesti" due to introduction of the following facilities: nodal substations of 110 kV SPP "Solnechnaya-Reni", "Solnechnaya-Kiliya", "Pridunayskaya".
- Metropoliya GÑ performed scientific and technical work on "Research and development in the field of energy" on three lots:
• "Southern PP prospective development scheme for the period up to 2015 with an outlook until 2020";
• "Western PP prospective development scheme for the period up to 2015 with an outlook until 2020";
• "Adjustment of the Central PP prospective development scheme for the period till 2010 with an outlook until 2015.
The purpose was development of the schemes of reliable power supply to consumers of the Southern, Western and Central power systems as part of development of the Ukrainian UES main networks and 110-150 kV electric networks development schemes of power systems regions. The works conducted determined the directions of development by 2025 of 220-750 kV networks and 110-150 kV transit network of the regions of the Southern, Western and Central power systems, scope of new construction, reconstruction and technical re-equipment of existing objects of the main electric network, directions of technical re-equipment of protection and control means, modes of operation of power systems, as well as the modernization of existing and introduction of new means of emergency automation.
- Metropoliya GÑ acted as a local consultant for the project on development of regional power transmission networks in the southern region of Ukraine aiming to remove restrictions in the said networks and ensure higher efficiency and reliable electricity supply in the region, as well as accelerate the integration of solar and wind power plants into Ukrainian UES up to 2020. Metropoliya GÑ was responsible for developing the network design and solving cartographic and environmental issues.
- Metropoliya GÑ performed scientific and technical work on "Development of recommendations for operation and maintenance of digital devices for measuring and registration of synchronized values of system parameters including voltage phase angles".
- Metropoliya GÑ carried out the pre-project work on selection and agreement of the course of measures for the project "Construction of 330 kV OHL Chornobyl NPP - Severna on 330 kV input and distribution device of 750 kV "Kyivska" substation, namely:
• in-office development and approval of the routes directions options for 330 kV OHL Chornobyl NPP - Severna on 330 kV input and distribution device of 750 kV "Kyivska" substation along with mapping for the land users;
• obtaining the relevant conclusions and approvals of land users, landowners and relevant organizations regarding the location of the route of 330 kV OHL Chornobyl NPP - Severna on 330 kV input and distribution device of 750 kV "Kyivska" substation;
• issuance of land plots selection documents for placement of measures of 330 kV OHL Chornobyl NPP - Severna on 330 kV input and distribution device of 750 kV "Kyivska" substation.
- As part of the measures to synchronize the power system of Ukraine with the ENTSO-E (UCTE) Energy Association, Metropoliya GC performed the "Research and analysis of UCTE requirements for coordinated planning of regimes". The following work was performed:
• analysis of the existing regulatory framework of Ukraine in terms of coordinated planning of modes and its compliance with UCTE Operational Handbook;
• with regard to the planning of the working modes, definition of cross-section capacity, daily forecasting of operational limitations and analysis of N-1 reliability, the recommendations were prepared and the list of measures for harmonization of the Ukrainian regulatory framework with the regulatory framework UCTE was offered.
- Metropoliya GC performed scientific and technical work "Development of generalized technical requirements for the automated data acquisition systems from relay protection and automation devices with the possibility of their adaptation to the facility's process automated control system". The aim of the said work was improvement of the process control of energy facilities.
- Metropoliya GC has developed the "Rules for connection of electrical installations to the power grid and users access to the Ukrainian UES" which was the Section of the "Code of Electrical Networks of Ukraine".
- Metropoliya GC performed work concerning development of technical specifications for the Consultant to provide consulting services in accordance with the requirements of the IBRD within the implementation of the "Electricity Transmission Project", namely:
• rehabilitation of 220-750 kV transformer substation;
• strengthening the network of Dniester PSP power lines;
• stabilization of the Crimean energy system.
DTEK Power Trade LLC
- Metropoliya GC provided technical support for electricity exports from Ukraine to Belarus and Lithuania. The following work was performed:
• complete calculations of operation modes of power systems of Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania;
• analysis of the energy systems losses changes for different scenarios of Ukrainian electricity exports to Belarus and Lithuania;
• consultations were provided on the procedure for settling capacity losses when exporting electricity;
• proposals were provided on optimizing the costs of losses in Belarusian grid when exporting electricity from Ukraine to Belarus and Lithuania.
Energy Farm AS
- Under the project of renewable energy sources usage development in Ukraine, Metropoliya GC conducted a feasibility study of construction of cogeneration plant with a capacity of 25 MW, operating on vegetable biomass and the sale of electricity produced in Ukraine at a feed-in tariff. The work allowed assessing the feasibility of the project in Ukraine, identifying the technologies and basic equipment to be used in the project, the basic financial components of the project and its economic attractiveness.
Beten Engenierie LLC
- Metropoliya GC performed an assessment of attractiveness of investing in alternative energy of Ukraine; in particular, the following pre-project works (about 10 units) were carried out: selection of the potential land plots for WPP and SPP installation in several regions of Ukraine; development of the budgets and project schedules.
Contour Global Ukraine LLC
- Metropoliya GC has analyzed the power supply systems of existing wind projects in Ukraine for the investor to make a relevant decision on financing.
Kyivstar GSM PJSC
- Metropoliya GC has developed the feasibility study of measures to optimize the electricity costs of Kyivstar GSM PJSC. Based on the results of the work, the organizational (switch to unregulated tariff supply) and technical (development and implementation of the automated commercial electricity metering system) measures were proposed and substantiated, which provided a significant reduction in the electricity costs of Kyivstar GSM PJSC.
- Metropoliya GC participated in the development and expert evaluation of measures aimed at creating conditions for the integration of UPS of Ukraine for integration of European energy systems and the development of export potential, as well as performed a computational analysis of possible options for integration with DC links.